Wednesday 29 October 2014

Sovereignty Wars, oh how I hate thee

I'm writing this post whilst I'm on a fleet fulfilling an important objective. The interface to write it is full screen, so I can't see my eve client. I've wandered away from the screen and made a cup of coffee, I've taken the bins out, I've been to check that the program I set on tivo is recorded, and I've got myself some biscuits. I've even had time to go to the bathroom (I bet you really wanted to know that).

I've done all of this *whilst* fulfilling this important objective! Why you ask?



Because sovereignty warfare is ridiculous. I'm shooting a station and I'm in a subcap! It's a final timer, which means obviously it's serious business, once it's completed the station is ours, but it has all the hitpoints in the world. To add to the joy of this, whilst it will be friendly, it's not going to be *our* station, we're doing this for coalition bro's.

It's not the coalitions, alliances, FC's fault etc, it's the joy of sovereignty warfare, and it's something that we're assured +CCP Games / +EVE Online  are working on changing, but it's been the bane of every null sec dwellers existance and the cause of significant tears/bitching for so long that I'm astounded it's taken until now for them to look at.

Obviously, the overall intention of sov warfare largely seems to be something for supercapitals to do, but with the alterations to jump drives etc, the thought of having to do this grind in the future, fills me with utter dread.

There's a lot of predictions about what they might do, or suggestions of what they should do, but all I can say, is given that there's talk of trying to increase involvement and reduce the ability to play the game semi-afk (which I largely agree with, but will ruin my ratting-whilst-doing-homework plan), any mechanic that enables me to poop whilst fulfilling an objective, probably needs some serious work!

No comments:

Post a Comment